.

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Letter - Support Statment Veteran Claim Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1000 words

Letter - Support Statment Veteran Claim - Essay Example These risks include disease contamination, assassinations or even death. Therefore, in order to protect them against these risks, the US through the Department of Veterans has initiated programs through which the veterans are forced to subscribe to for temporary immortality. The claim is for service connection for nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH/ NAFLD), initially characterized as fatty liver and claimed as liver failure/ liver disease, as caused by medication from in-service (US Army) incurrence and/or aggravation of disease or injury due to the prescribed medications taken on a daily basis for an extended period of time for service-connected disabilities. I, _____________ (â€Å"The Veteran†) served on active duty with due diligence from 2003 to 2004 and during this period, I was treated with high doses of Ibuprofen 800mg and other medications for pain relief and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications. VA Doctors restricted me from taking medication or adjusting to new medication due to NASH (for example: Ibuprofen was discontinued by Doctor Olesen Miami Hospital, Cymbalta was discontinued by Doctor Racha Washington DC, etc.) and this has been considered as a threat to my general well being. Over the years, I have been unable to perform and live to my expectations due to the medications that I took during the in-service. The side-effects to these medications are visible and their damage is imminent. As indicated earlier on, I have lost weight, my diet has been restructured and my budget has been strained due to the adoption of a new life. My NASH / LIVER Disease was established and recognized by the VA Hospitals in Miami, FL and Washington, DC and my doctors have recommended that my condition is worsening. In regards to risk factors that have affected progressively my liver disease, I have three that include my BMI 31.23 ( > 28 kg/m2), presence of fibrosis in my liver biopsy in 2010, and my current elevated AST

No comments:

Post a Comment